100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA, 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Accomplished Civil Engineering Technician applying well-rounded knowledge of the technical aspects of construction planning, design and implementation. Demonstrated proficiencies in cost analysis, component specifications, project site evaluation and the identification of potential design flaws and structural malfunctions. Emphasize proactive oversight while delivering timely, meticulously prepared results specific to client visions.
- Site analysis
- Structural specifications
- 3D modeling
- AutoCAD software
- Cost estimation
- Material analysis
- Blueprint design
Civil Engineering Technician, June 2010 – Present
Midway Engineering, New Cityland, CA
- Confirm the accuracy of tests conducted on potential project materials and site soil to determine project feasibility.
- Quickly respond to reports of technical flaws to ensure that projects remain on schedule and within budget.
- Astutely address environmental concerns while evaluating project materials.
Civil Engineering Technician, September 2004 – March 2006
Sawyer Construction & Engineering, New Cityland, CA
- Served as a part of a team of engineers that resolved complex problems involving a multimillion dollar project.
- Contoured data and point data to refine blueprints and specifications.
- Utilized innovative 3D modeling techniques to provide clients with mode detailed views of designs prior to implementation.
2004 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
University of California, New Cityland, CA
Civil engineering cover letter
View this sample cover letter for civil engineering, or download the civil engineering cover letter template in Word.
As a civil engineer, you know how to design and build great structures—but how are you at composing your cover letter? To be considered for top civil engineering jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for civil engineering, or download the civil engineering cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about engineering careers and look for civil engineering jobs on Monster.
Civil engineering cover letter template
Lena Marks, EIT
Sometown, AZ 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio URL
November 8, 2017
Ms. Diane Smith
55 Circle Point
Sometown, AZ 55555
Re: Civil Engineer Trainee III u Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
Your civil engineer trainee position is an exciting opportunity. ABC Company’s stellar reputation for providing quality service and project support to your clients is well-known, and I am motivated to join your team.
Highlights of my credentials:
- BS in civil engineering and Engineer in Training (EIT) certification from NCEES.
- Two years of experience as a civil engineer trainee and intern for premier design firms.
- Hands-on experience providing project design and site civil engineering leadership for water, wastewater, roadway and other municipal infrastructure projects in Sometown, AZ.
- Delivery of on-schedule, on-budget and high-quality completion of infrastructure projects with varying degrees of complexity and budgets ranging from $500K to $6.8M.
- Proficient in preparing drawings and technical specs using AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
In addition, I have worked closely with licensed PEs to save our clients and employers tens of thousands of dollars while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements. I have provided creative, cost-effective design solutions to issues including erosion, corrosive groundwater, insufficient water inflow/drainage, soil instability, steep-slope grading and other engineering challenges.
If my credentials and strong understanding of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure systems are well matched to your needs, please contact me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview. Thanks very much.
Lena Marks, EIT